Link to PDF copy of TORs: https://t.ly/ZTXqp
Tilitonse Foundation in partnership with Comic Relief and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of the UK government (UK Aid) is implementing a program called SR20- Shift the Power (StP) Program. The program is expected to run from 2022 to 2030 in three phases. The four thematic areas for the Program are: Early Childhood Development, Gender Justice, Mental Health, and Safe and Secure Shelter.
The primary objective of the program is to strengthen and develop the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations to ensure that they are independent and resilient in order for them to effectively execute their mandates. The project has 3 funding windows namely:
- Catalyst Fund
The Catalyst Fund is aimed at supporting CSOs to develop effective and viable project proposals for funding through the CS Strengthening Fund under the Shift the Power Programme.
2. Civil Society Strengthening Fund
The purpose of the CS Strengthening Fund is to support local CSOs in developing organizational capacity and provide core funding in order to deliver on their mandate and lead to their sustainability path.
3. The Community Resourcing Match Fund
The Community Resourcing Match (CRM) Fund is a funding facility that will provide training for local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in alternative forms of local income generation and will match the resulting revenue that they generate to incentivize income diversification and financial sustainability. It is a fund that will support local CSOs to develop and strengthen their capacity in resource mobilization and funding strategies that include local and community philanthropy.
The Foundation rolled out and implemented the Catalyst Fund from July 2023 and December 2023, and one of the reporting requirements is documentation and submission of a case study for the Catalyst Fund Implementation.
It is against this background that the Foundation is interested in engaging an expert to develop a visual Case Study for the Catalyst Fund Implementation that will also be transcribed.
- Objectives of the assignment
Working closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Knowledge and Management Specialist and other Tilitonse Foundation staff the developer is expected to:
2.1 Document a visual compelling and informative case study that showcase the success, positive outcomes and areas of improvement from the Catalyst Fund implementation.
2.2 Transcribe the visual case study.
- Scope of work
The duties and responsibilities of the developer will be to:
- Attend an inception meeting with Tilitonse Foundation to agree on the specific area for the case study.
- Develop an inception report for the development of a visual Catalyst Fund case study.
- Develop a draft footage for a visual case study.
- Develop a final visual case study.
- Transcribe the final case study.
- Specific tasks
The specific tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Carry out a desk review of documents relevant to an understanding of shift the power principles, Shift the Power Malawi program and catalyst fund objectives and the Shift the Power log frame.
- Review and understand the process that was undertaken throughout the Catalyst Fund rollout and implementation.
- Review the Catalyst Fund Partners project proposals and implementation reports.
- Develop a comprehensive methodology and work plan for a process to come up with the visual case study.
- Develop a lay out of the case study.
- Lead in the process of collecting the needed data and material for the development of the visual case study.
- Develop a draft visual case study with subtitles.
- Develop the final visual case study.
- Transcribe the final visual case study
The deliverables under this assignment are listed below:
- An Inception report detailing understanding of the assignment, methodology and timeline (activities, responsible parties, outputs, and timing).
- A lay out of the visual case study.
- A draft footage for the visual case study.
- A final visual case study.
- Transcript for the final case study.
- A process report.
The Case study development assignment is planned to take place between Mid-January 2024 and Mid-February 2024. The detailed schedule of the case study development will be agreed between the Foundation and the successful individual and/or firm.
- Profile of Expert/s
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field. Those with Master’s degree in these fields will have an added advantage.
- Proven experience in developing (virtual or written) case studies or similar content.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent interviewing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for visual aesthetics.
- Familiarity with relevant software tools for data visualization and content creation.
- Creative thinker with the ability to turn complex information into compelling narratives.
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines.
- Adaptability to understand diverse industries and products.
- Passion for storytelling and showcasing success stories.
- Team player with effective collaboration skills.
- Criteria for Evaluation
Proposals to conduct the final evaluation will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- 30%: Understanding of the assignment
- 40%: Technical approach and methodology
- 20%: Proposed personnel
- 10%: Cost competitiveness and value
- Application process
Interested and qualified individuals or firms are invited to apply not later than midnight of 23rd January 2023. The service providers must submit the following documents/information:
- A technical proposal detailing applicants understanding of ToRs, proposed methodology and applicant’s key member’s CV where applicable.
- A financial proposal (in Malawi Kwacha) should be included in the submission.
- Contacts (email addresses and phone numbers) of 3 former clients or referees.
- Provide at least 2 samples or links to visual case studies you have developed in the past 3 years.
Full Technical and Financial Proposals should be submitted to the addresses below;
|Tilitonse Foundation Plot No. 128, Lizulu Street Area 47 Sector 5 LILONGWE Malawi
|Tilitonse Foundation P.O. Box 31815 LILONGWE Malawi
|firstname.lastname@example.org with a copies to: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
 UK Aid Business Case (2020 – 2030), undated