Tilitonse Foundation has partnered with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and Civil Society Agriculture Network (CISANET) to implement a project titled Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security Programming in Malawi. The goal of the project is to promote the capacity of civil society organisations in Malawi to improve food and nutrition security and strengthen resilience and it is going to be implemented in Dedza, Ntcheu and Nsanje Districts for 37 Months. It is being funded by German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The total amount of the Project is 1,735,414 EUR.
Short term results
10 CSOs will be equipped with skills in FNS that will enable them to apply technical knowledge and international standards. Participating CSOs will be able to plan and implement effective and participatory FNS programming approaches with their target groups. Furthermore, the organisations will be strengthened in governance, fundraising, communication and administration. Competitive mini-financing is available for up to 4 CSOs. A network organisation that supports CSOs in the field of food security with coordination and advocacy shall also be promoted (CSO Network, DAECC, DNCC).
The following are the roles of the partners:
- Providing overall coordination of the project
- Providing the implementing partners with technical support in in project and knowledge management.
- Providing capacity building in Food and nutrition security programming
- Facilitating collaboration and networking of CSOs at district level.
- Providing organisational capacity development and strengthening of institutional structures (leadership, administration, management) to the participating CSOs.
- Managing grants for pilot projects to be implemented by the 4 selected CSOs.